Personal information collection and use
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes First name, Last name, Date of birth, PPS number
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Professional Data includes any information we may collect in the course of providing our services to you such as:
- Accounts Preparation & bookkeeping assignments
- Audit assignments
- Corporation tax compliance & advisory assignments
- Personal tax
- Payroll Services
We may also collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for internal purposes.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with an answer to an enquiry). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Professional Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- submit an enquiry; or
- request marketing to be sent to you.
- Automated technologies or interactions.As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
Quinlan & Co. shall at all times comply with its data protection obligations under the GDPR, in keeping with the six core principles of GDPR that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency)
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purpose (Purpose Limitation)
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (Data Minimisation)
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy)
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (Storage Limitation)
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical and organisational measures (Integrity and Confidentiality).
Security of your personal data
We have implemented policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and so we will update these measures as appropriate to continue to protect your privacy.
Subject Access Request
You may contact us regarding the personal data we hold about you at any time. You can do the following by contacting us via email or the contact form on quinlanaccountants.ie/contact/ or you can download our Subject Access Request form here.
- See what data we hold about you
- Rectify any data we hold about you
- Erase your data
- Object to processing
- Exercise your right to data portability